Wife | Mother | Cake Enthusiast
Heather here- For all portrait sessions, I'm that girl behind the lens! I started Watt Studios in Vermont in 2018 after several years in photography in our home state of Nebraska. You can learn more about my photographic background at the bottom of our bio!
Heather's Fun Facts:
• I see the positive in every situation I'm in and in every person I meet.
• I paint! I use all kinds of mediums, but my favorite is watercolor.
• What am I watching? Downton Abbey... again. (The costumes, though!)
• In order: vanilla with buttercream, chocolate with more chocolate, NY style cheesecake.
• As a kid, I won several writing contests from poetry to short stories.
• I have broken six bones. I think it just means I can't be stopped. Positivity, ya'll.
• I've decorated and piped cakes for parties and showers. Thank you, YouTube.
• Asked a friend one word to describe me, her answer: congenial.
• Asked my husband one word to describe me, his answer: awesome.
• I believe in community over competition and love collaborating with other photographers. For instance our beautiful family photos shown here were taken by my good friend Kathleen of North Photography.
Husband | Father | Outdoorsman
Brian is my awesome and incredibly supportive husband. He grew up in the photography business working in his father's studio, and also owned his own photography business in Nebraska that I began working for in 2011. Brian currently works full time as an engineer, but he still partners up with me to weddings.
Brian's Fun Facts:
• I love to hike, kayak, camp, whatever gets me outdoors.
• I grew up with a military father and have lived all over the country and in Germany.
• Favorite foods: Sushi and Indian
• My wife thinks I'm a grill master. She also thinks I'm pretty funny.
• I have a Master's Degree in Biomedical Engineering.
• On a date, a great band in concert is the place to be.
• IPA all the way. Good thing we moved to New England.
• I love to build things. Most recently, I've been creating some of my own furniture.
• I love being a dad.
Artistic | Elegant | Experienced
Heather has always loved photography. She earned her Bachelor's of Journalism, majoring in Advertising where she studied graphic design and photojournalism. Outside of a large amount of photographic work for and in her University, she began her official photographic journey working for 'Brian Watt Photography' in 2011. She is the owner of Watt Studios, founded in Vermont in 2018 and the VP of Education for the Vermont Professional Photographers group.
As a child, Brian began working at his father's successful photography business and fell in love with the art! He joined the PPA when he was only 12 years old. As a young adult, he branched off into his own photography business and earned his Master of Photography. He helps Heather tremendously in making Watt Studios a reality.
Heather and Watt Studios is a member of the Professional Photographers of America and the Vermont Professional Photographers.
We love what we do, and we will never look back!