Wife | Mother | Cake Enthusiast
For all portrait sessions, I'm that girl behind the lens! I am an award-winning portrait photographer and the VP of Education for the Vermont Professional Photographers Association. You can learn more about my photographic background at the bottom of this bio, but for now, here's some fun facts about me:
• I see the positive in every situation I'm in and in every person I meet.
• I paint! I use all kinds of mediums, but my favorite is watercolor.
• What am I watching? Downton Abbey... again. (The costumes, though!)
• In order: vanilla with buttercream, chocolate with more chocolate, NY style cheesecake.
• As a kid, I won several writing contests from poetry to short stories.
• I have broken six bones. I think it just means I can't be stopped. Positivity, ya'll.
• I've decorated and piped cakes for parties and showers. Thank you, YouTube.
• Asked a friend one word to describe me, her answer: congenial.
• Asked my husband one word to describe me, his answer: awesome.
• I believe in community over competition and love collaborating with other photographers. For instance our beautiful family photos shown here were taken by my good friend Kathleen of North Photography.
Husband | Father | Outdoorsman
Brian is my awesome husband and partner photographer at weddings. He grew up in the photography business working in his father's studio, and also owned his own photography business in Nebraska that I began working for as his flirty new assistant in 2011. He has his Master's of Photography and many imaging awards. Brian currently works full time as an engineer, but he can never pass up a good chance to get his camera out and spend time with his wife. Here are some of his fun facts, written by him:
• I love to hike, kayak, camp, whatever gets me outdoors.
• I grew up with a military father and have lived all over the country and in Germany.
• Favorite foods: Sushi and Indian
• My wife thinks I'm a grill master. She also thinks I'm pretty funny.
• I have a Master's Degree in Biomedical Engineering.
• On a date, a great band in concert is the place to be.
• IPA all the way. Good thing we moved to New England.
• I love to build things. Most recently, I've been creating some of my own furniture.
• I love being a dad.
Artistic | Elegant | Experienced
From Heather: I have always loved photography. I earned my Bachelor's of Journalism, majoring in Advertising where I studied graphic design and photojournalism. In fact, I was the advertising manager for the Daily Nebraskan, UNL's student newspaper. Outside of a large amount of photographic work for and in my University, I began my official photographic journey working for 'Brian Watt Photography' in 2011. I continued photographing part time outside of my free lance graphic design business all the way until we moved to Vermont in 2018. I always new my passion was with photography and took the move to VT as an opportunity to finally do photography full time. I am the owner of Watt Studios, founded in Vermont in 2018 and the VP of Education for the Vermont Professional Photographers association.
As a child, Brian began working at his father's successful photography business and fell in love with the art! He joined the Professional Photographers of America when he was only 12 years old. As a young adult, he branched off into his own photography business and earned his Master of Photography. He helps Heather tremendously in making Watt Studios a reality, including partnering up with her as a two-photographer team to weddings.
Heather and Brian are members of the Professional Photographers of America and the Vermont Professional Photographers.
We love what we do, and we love sharing this passion for photography!